Thursday, December 27, 2012

Idle No More!

So you may or may not have heard of Idle No More. I believe 100% in why they are doing this. I moved from Canada, but my children and I still are treaty status. This means we are entitled to certain benefits. This were signed on our treaties when the European settlers arrived. For living expenses we receive a whopping $5. They were not expecting inflation. NICE! People complain how Natives live off welfare and need to get a job. Remember reserves are out of city limits by 45 mintes out of the nearest city. How are you to get to work when you have no car and the reserve do no have jobs. Most youth move to the cities, but do not last long due to finances, job seeking and racism.

My mother is political and had no support at all for the PC government.Ridiculous. Now there is a chief in Victoria Island wanting to meet with the prime minister. She is on her 4 day of a hunger strike. Meanwhile the prime minister is enjoying his christmas with family.

Next week, I am off to a rally downtown Seattle.Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment